14 x 6.5" Dyna-Sonic - Black Diamond Pearl
Rogers Dyna-Sonic. 14 x 6.5 inches in Black Diamond Pearl with Beavertail lugs. These new Dyna-Sonics are beautiful drums!
"BLACK DIAMOND PEARL
Deep, dark and handsome. Black Diamond Pearl – on beautiful display across the extended depth shell of the Model 37-BP! Already a fave among Rogers’ fans, it is now available in Rogers’ reborn Beavertail Dyna-Sonic Series. Featuring a 6.5″ x 14″ extended depth, proprietary formula shell complete with original spec reinforcement rings. Faithfully appointed with the second generation lug profile, chrome script logo, oval badge and finished in the highly-expressive Black Diamond Pearl. At the heart of the drum is Rogers legendary floating snare rail system, which provides extraordinary sensitivity and control that has never been duplicated. Hand-built in Roger’s USA workshop, the Dyna-Sonic No. 37-BP is another masterpiece of art and sonic excellence.
- 6.5″ x 14″ concert depth wood shell
- Shell: Proprietary formula 5-ply Maple/ Poplar with reinforcement rings
- Hoops: 10 lug – 1.6mm triple flanged batter and snare side hoop with snare gates
- Lugs: Beavertail double sided die-cast lugs (10)
- Throw off: Swivo-matic (Clock Face) style strainer
- Butt end: Clock face matching butt end
- Snares: Exclusive floating snare rail system with adjustable 20-strand snare wires
- Badges: Rogers script logo badge, Dyna-Sonic “Custom Built ” oval badge
- Shell Finish: Black Diamond Pearl wrap
- Interior finish: Fruitwood stain
WHAT MAKES THE DYNA-SONIC DIFFERENCE?
- Pinpoint Definition – You hear the result of each stroke, even at full power always without distortion.
- Choke-Free Sound – Always clear and crisp, never mushy.
- Faster Stick Rebound – You get added speed and better feel with half the effort Your drum head feels solid, never soft.
- Full Dynamic Range – Everywhere on the head There are no dead spots, even at the edges.
- The Sound – This drum has true musical sound. The tone quality is built in – by the unique combination of the floating snares, head, and custom shell
- Simplest Adjustment – Of any drum, a single tension screw gives you one-point uniform tensioning. Set it, and forget it.
THIS is the drum that “couldn’t be built”. This is the drum that solved a problem that “couldn’t be solved”. Before Dyna-Sonic, you tightened the snares, and the snares choked the head. Dyna-Sonic changes all that. Because your snares ride on an exclusive floating snare frame. They ride with the snare head, never dampen it. There’s no choking. There’s never and snare slap.
With a traditional snare drum, choking results from snare wires being pulled up too tight from the strainer knob when trying to dial out snare vibration and dry up or “crisp” up the sound. With the Dyna-Sonic snare frame, the concept is to allow the snare tension to be controlled on the frame itself, while the strainer knob simply brings the frame up to just “kiss” the bottom head. This results is superior sensitivity over the entire head and allows for all snare adjustment, from “dry” to “loose”, to be controlled from the frame itself.
Roger’s product designer, Joe Thompson said it best in his Jan 16, 1962 patent application for the Dyna-Sonic snare rail system: “The goal of this invention is to provide a drum with ‘floating snares’, which can be tensioned without putting pressure on the head, on a drum with no snare beds.”
The Dyna-Sonic snare frame is that same exclusive floating snare frame design. Made of cast steel, the frame comes complete with snare wire mounted. The single tension screw located at the end of the frame, gives one-point uniformed tensioning with simple hand adjustment. Set it, and it remains in the desired position.
Experience the Dyna-Sonic difference – proudly brought to you by Rogers USA."
- Rogers website